About Leisure Village
Leisure Village is a lovely, security-gated, active senior 55+ community located in Camarillo, California, between Los Angeles & Santa Barbara, about 10 miles from the Pacific Ocean. There are 2136 one-story homes ranging in size from 1-bedroom (672 square feet) to 2-bedroom with den (1,829 square feet) on 440 acres. Click HERE to see Leisure Village FLOORPLANS.
10 Reasons to Consider Moving to Leisure Village in Camarillo California
- Amazing Weather – The weather in Camarillo is mild year-round, just perfect for outdoor activities. In the winter, most days average in the mid 60s, Autumn and Spring in the mid 70s and Summer in the 80s and occasional 90s. Camarillo is typically about 10 degrees cooler than the Conejo Valley up the 101 grade. Learn More
- Commonality with Neighbors – Most Leisure Village residents are retired. They have moved here to meet other people their age and get involved. There are so many activities to get involved with like no-fee golf, tennis, pickleball, swimming & water aerobics, working out in the wonderful fitness center, bingo, ping pong, Wii bowling, bocce, bridge, wine tasting, support groups, etc. Residents also enjoy travelling together with trips to local, national and international destinations. Learn More
- Great Shopping & Restaurants Nearby – Camarillo is known for its Premium Outlets. There are about 150 stores offering designer and brand-name merchandise at everyday savings in addition to quite a few restaurant choices. Old Town Ventura Boulevard has a variety of shops and restaurants and many excellent antique stores. The Farmers’ Market is here every Saturday with flowers, fruits, vegetables and baked goods. There are 3 large chain grocery stores, plus Trader Joe’s and Sprouts. About 10 minutes south is a wonderful indoor mall called The Oaks in Thousand Oaks with plenty of shops, movie theaters and restaurants. Learn More
- Camarillo Attractions & Events – Camarillo Ranch House (Adolfo Amarillo’s home), Pleasant Valley Historical Museum, Pleasant Valley Botanical Garden, St. Mary Magdalen Historical Chapel, World War II Aviation Museum & Commemorative Air Force, Spanish Hill & Las Posas Country Clubs. Annual Greek Festival, Camarillo Fiesta & Street Fair, A Taste of Camarillo, Annual Chili Cook-Off & Music Festival and the Holiday Tree Lighting and Christmas Parade, Car Show & Food Truck Rally, Wings Over Camarillo Air Show, and Summer Concerts in the Park. There are also 3 movie theaters in town, Roxy, Regal and independent Paseo Camarillo Theater that offers artsy films and monthly comedy nights. Learn More
- Wide Range of Home Sizes/Prices – Leisure Village is a Planned Unit Development (PUD) that was built from 1973 until 1984. of 2136 single-story, all-electric homes in an area just over 450 acres. There are 16 models that range from 1-bedrooms homes with 672 square feet to 2-bedroom homes with den that are over 2000 square feet. All are one-story homes and most are attached. Learn More & Floorplans & Homes for Sale
- Many Choices of Public Transportation – The Camarillo Area Transit (CAT) has a fixed route right from inside Leisure Village that will take you to the grocery store, library, hospital, post office, community center and strip malls with shops & restaurants. Dial-a-Ride service is available for door-to-door service and offers a discount to seniors. The Ventura County Transportation Commission has buses that pick up from various locations in Camarillo and take you to Newbury Park, Thousand Oaks, Woodland Hills, Moorpark, Simi Valley, Oxnard, Ventura Carpinteria and Santa Barbara. Camarillo also has a trolley that takes you all over town on a fixed route. Camarillo Health Care District offers their Care-A-Van transportation service with door-to-door transportation for non-emergency medical appointments throughout Ventura County and Kaiser in Woodland Hills. Their vehicles have hydraulic lifts that can accommodate wheelchairs. The Camarillo Train Station provides service all over California on Amtrak and local service on Metrolink. Camarillo has a small airport for private planes. LAX is approximately an hour and a half South. Learn More
- Safe, Gated Community with 24-Hour Emergency Response – There are 3 guarded gates, one which is open 24 hours. Each security officer is fully-trained and certified as a First Responder for medical emergencies. They can be at your home in minutes, and often help residents with many things that may assistance with.
- Excellent Medical Facilities Nearby – There are 2 hospitals nearby… St. John’s Pleasant Valley Hospital right here in Camarillo, St. John’s Regional Medical Center in Oxnard and Los Robles Regional Medical Center in Thousand Oaks. Kaiser Permanente has a medical facility in Camarillo and their hospital is located in Woodland Hills, about ½ hour away. Camarillo Health Care District works with hospitals and insurance companies to provide Transitional Care Services from hospital to home, Case Management Services, and Health Promotion & Disease Management Services for chronic illnesses. Learn More
- No-Fee RV Parking (when available) – Plenty of residents enjoy travelling in their RVs and they are so happy to have a place to park when they return home. There is even an RV club whose members enjoy travelling together.
10. So Much is Included for Leisure Village residents – In addition to 24-hour guarded gate, no-fee golf, no-fee fitness center, tennis, swimming, billiards, library, no-fee RV parking (when available) and all the other amenities Leisure Village offers, Cable TV, water, sewer, trash, landscaping, exterior maintenance, roof protection and master insurance policy (fire, flood, earthquake & hazard) are also included in the monthly HOA fees.
We hope you enjoyed learning about these 10 Reasons to Consider Moving to Leisure Village. We’d love to give you a tour so you can see first-hand why our Leisure Village residents just love living here.
24-Hour Guarded Gate
Patrolling Security (Trained in Medical 1st Response)
18-Hole Par-3 Golf Course (no fees)
Lapidary Shop (Stone & Rock Polishing)
Olympic-sized Swimming Heated Pool & Spa
Picnic Area w/ Built-in Barbeque
Tennis & Paddle Tennis
Blood Pressure Screening
Sight & Hearing
Tai Chi for Balance
Building & Grounds
Education & Recreation
Rock, Jewelry & Craft
Included in the HOA fees are:
Exterior Maintenance including Paint
Master Insurance Policy (Fire, Flood, Earthquake & Hazard)